Friday, October 14, 2016

Christmas Mini with Maya Road

Good morning, Blogger Peeps! I am back with my second October Guest Post for Maya Road! I have created a fun mini album for all your Christmas Instagram photos! (Ok, so I don't actually have Instagram photos, but I do print regular photos that can be cropped to fit!)
I love the idea of doing a little "December Daily" type mini album with little square photos inside! This would be a great project to take to a family holiday party, or other event where people take a lot of photos with mobile phones. You can print the photos at slightly smaller than 4" x 4" and just stick one photo per page!

I covered the album with decorative paper (Graphic 45 St. Nicholas) in a traditional red and green scheme. I wanted to add some pops of gold throughout, and I also added the wood and kraft tones for that vintage look.

I used the G45 8x8 St. Nicholas pad and the matching 12x12 Patterns and Solids pad.
This little 4x4 Binder Book contains 8 chipboard pages, each 4" x 4". The actual mini album is approximately 5" x 4 3/8" with a sturdy metal ring-binding . I covered each chipboard page with the St. Nicholas paper. I won't add any embellishments to the pages until I figure out which photos to use.
I had fun adding lots of little "bits and bobs" to the front of my album. I started by cutting "Noel" with the Maya Road Noel Holiday Die Bundle. I cut the lettering several times and stacked the die cuts together for a bit more dimension. I die cut the tiny snowflakes from the Noel set a few times and added some pizzazz with a gold star and some pearls.
I then began to stack some wood embellishments, starting with the Mini Wood Embroidery Hoop. Next, I added a Wood Beloved Token, which looked like a wreath, but it had a heart in the center. To cover up the heart, I glued a Bronze Christmas Tree Charm to the top of the token. 

To finish off my wood-themed embellishments, I added a Mini Wood Slice, which totally looks like the bottom that you chop off the Christmas tree! I glued the larger snowflakes to the wood slice and topped everything off with a twine bow made from Lemon Yellow Jute and Twine Cording
I decided to add Kraft 4" Square Note Envelopes to the inside front and back covers. I replaced the white twine closures with Tomato Red Twine Cording. For the inside front cover, I added some detail to the envelope with a die cut shape made with the So Deer Steal Die. Mr. Deer is wearing a smart, twine bow!
The inside back cover also has an envelope with a "wonky" tree made with the Noel Holiday Die Bundle. I die cut the tree twice, once from green paper and once from plaid paper. Then I re-assembled the tree.
The spine and back cover are all decorated, too! I added a Saffron Yellow Vintage Crafting Tassel to the spine. The tassel is attached to the inside of the spine with more of the Lemon Yellow Jute and Twine Cording.


Thanks for stopping by today. I had a blast during my guest DT spot! 




Maya Road Supplies:

Other:
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis Black, Basis Natural, Pop Tones Hot Fudge
Printed paper: Graphic 45 St. Nicholas
Pearls: Want2Scrap
Marker: Stampin' Up Glorious Green
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, ATG tape, white glue, hot glue

1 comment: